7 / 9 / 2015
RESERVE FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC RECRUITMENT 2015
Harquahala Valley Fire District (HVFD) is currently accepting applications for the position of
($9.92 per hour plus 1.80 per hour Paramedic specialty pay)
Applications will be accepted form July 17, 2015 to the close of business on July 31, 2015.
The Harquahala Valley Fire District covers approximately 432 square miles and conducts fire suppression and emergency medical operations. Currently operating out of two stations and responding to approximately 300 calls for service annually. The fire district is very involved in community activities and events.
Minimum current certifications requirements to apply:
- Submit a completed HVFD Employment application with copies of all relevant certifications. *
- Hold a current Firefighter level I & II certification (AZ State/IFSAC/DOD). *
- Current Arizona State Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic level with appropriate current CPR/ALS certifications. *
- Hazardous Materials First Responder Operations Level (AZ State/IFSAC/DOD). *
- Proof of current CPAT within one year. *
- Current Arizona class D driver’s license. *
- Submit a current copy of certified 39 months driving record. *
- High School Diploma or equivalent. *
- All required documents shall be submitted to the HVFD Administrative Office prior to the closing date and time.
Disqualifiers for employment:
- No felonies on record.
- More than 8 points against driving record in past 3 years.
- No DUI in past 5 years.
Application process will be as follows:
- Completed applications and supplemental document accepted July 17, 2015 through July 31, 2015.
- Applications will be reviewed for completeness, and to determine if the candidates meet the minimum qualifications.
- Written test and oral interviews scheduled to be determined.
- Top successful candidates with a minimum score of 75% or better will be placed on a hiring list. Hiring list will be active for a length of 18 mounts from date of notices to candidates.
Candidate Contact Person
Captain Rick Garcia
Applications will not be considered if any of the required items above are omitted or if items are not received by the deadline. Faxed or Electronic applications will not be considered.