8 / 17 / 2015
Harquahala Fire District will not be accepting applications for Reserve Firefighters at this time. Testing for Reserve Firefighters occurs on an as need basis throughout the year.
The Harquahala Valley Fire District covers approximately 432 square miles and conducts fire suppression and emergency medical operations. Currently operating out of two stations and responding to approximately 300 calls for service annually. The fire district is very involved in community activities and events.
To be eligible to test for the Harquahala Valley Fire District, applicants must:
– Minimum of 18 years of age.
– High School diploma or equivalent
– Have a valid Arizona driver’s license with a good driving record (36 month record submitted with application)
– Be insurable by District insurance carrier for operation of District vehicles.
– Not have had a felony (within previous 10 years) or misdemeanor (within previous 5 years).
– Arizona State Firefighter I and II Certification.
– Arizona EMT-B or EMT-P Certification.
– Current CPR certification.
– Passed CPAT within 6 months. (Fulltime members with other departments will only need to show proof of passing annual physical)
No exceptions will be given if you do not meet current requirements.
Testing for reserve firefighters occurs on an as need basis throughout the year.
Applications are now available in PDF format and may be downloaded from the link below. Applications are also available be picked up at Fire Station 371.
Candidate Contact Person
Captain Rick Garcia